HOW TO PROTECT YOUR EYES WHILE USING LAPTOP !!!
When using a computer continuing for a long time periods, whether for work or pleasure, it’s important to protect your eyes from long-term damage. There are a number of things you can do to help protect your eyes.
Sit far enough away from the screen.
This is usually considered at least an arm’s length away from the screen. To make sure your computer is positioned right, try the high-five test: if you can properly high-five your computer screen with a full arm extension, you’re sitting too close.This the best way protect your eyes while using laptop .
Locate the computer screen 4 or 5 inches below your eye level.
Ideally, you should look down at the computer screen at about a 15 to 20 degree angle. This ensures that more of your eyeball is covered by your eyelid, keeping your eyes moisturized and healthy. Clean your computer screen periodically to remove any dust, dirt or fingerprints. Keeping the screen clean makes it easier on your eyes, so they are not having to focus harder to see what is on the screen, especially if there is text to read. It will also helps in protect your eyes while using laptop.
Some other ways to protect your eyes while using laptop are:
- Keep the monitor about 20 to 30 inches away from your face. This range has been found to be the best distance for proper viewing and for reducing eye strain.
- Use fonts and icon sizes that are easy for you to view and read. Avoid using small fonts and icon sizes as it can cause eye strain.
- Adjust the height of the monitor so that the top of the monitor is just below your eye level so that you are looking down slightly when viewing the screen.
- Make sure there is proper lighting in the room. Overly dim lighting or overly bright lighting can cause strain to your eyes.
- Use an anti-glare filter on your monitor, to help prevent glare and reflection from lights in the room.
- Use a document holder for placing documents that you look at regularly, and place it at the same distance as the monitor.
One of the most important things you can do to protect your eyes is to take regular breaks. Taking several minutes to get up and not look at the monitor can greatly help in protect your eyes while using laptop .